Musher dies in house fire

A house fire early Sunday morning claimed the life of Barry MacAlpine, a Chugiak musher who raced in the 1973 Iditarod, and who had hopes of again competeing in the race. MacAlpine lived in a 12 x 12 shed without water or electricity. It is believed a propane tank exploded causing the fire.Reports are not clear of how many dogs MacAlpine left behind, but it is around 40 dogs ranging in ages from young puppies to ten year olds.Anchorage Animal Control will care for some of the dogs, but all of the dogs are available for adoption. For more information call: Adopt a Dog: 332-2411

Share:

More Posts